[NTLK] A NEW WEB BROWSER FOR THE NEWTON???

From: paul oberman (poberman_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 12:14:20 PST

I have been using a Treo 600 on the internet, for about 6 months. The
browser "Blazer" is slow as dirt. It was recommended that I use a
browser called "webviewer" by Reqwireless.

http://www.reqwireless.com/webviewer.html

CNN, which used to take 3 minutes with Blazer, now loads in 15 seconds.
  This is using a 3g connection on spint. This browser loads all the
text first and then the images. You can use the text page, while the
images load. It makes use of a back end server, which crunches the
pages for your device.

IT KICK BUTT!!!! AND IS ONLY 43K!!!

It requires a java enviroment J2ME.

The question is..... Can that enviroment run on a newton? If so, this
would bring web viewing up to current standards of speed and
aesthetics.

anyone know??

Paul