Re: [NTLK] Minico Searchable Book

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 13:50:26 PST

Andrew Bloomgarden wrote:
> Is there a way to make a searchable newton book that uses Minico as
> its font? I tried Paperback, but its books aren't searchable. I also
> tried Newton Press, but I couldn't figure out how to use a font that
> wasn't on its preset list. Is there a way to make one?

Sadly it is not possible. Unless you hack Newton Press or Bookmaker.
You alter the output file from Bookmaker so it uses anotehr font, but
the pagnation is wrong and you will loose words at the bottom of each
page because Bookmaker planed for another font (which is sized slightly
different).

By the way, I have searched Paperback books before. Just open the book
and tap on find, enter your text string and it should search it.

-Dan