[NTLK] Programming &/or Newton Scripting

From: Glen Givens (CGivens3_at_neo.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 04:22:51 PST

Help is needed, or at least some specific pointing to a direction. I have
downloaded the Newton Scripting documentation. I have tried starting
something in NTLK (I have a couple of boxes drawn in a screen), but have
gotten farther from my goal. This

  I have gotten a big enough contract to subcontract a helper. This involves
him filling out a form, with his start and end times, for each day of the
week that he works. He brings in these forms the following week for me to
authorize with my signature, then he faxes them to his office.

  The dilemma is he comes in late at least 15 minutes each day and leaves at
least 15 minutes early each day (I am flexible with Start/End Times). Even
though I make him deduct these times, somehow he is still gaining that 1/2
to 3/4 hour per day (according to my boss). He was amazed when I whipped out
my 2100 the first time he showed me his hours. I went through my notes which
I have been time stamping with graffiti, documenting his start and end
times. I am already at the work site so that is why I need to be able to
modify the Start/End Times.

  What I need help with is setting up a modified note, Newt Work paper, or
whatever (One for each day of work) that will give him a place to sign in
and out on. I will need a time and date stamp for each signature. I would
like this note to be available when I choose NEW from the New
Note/Outline/Checkbox drop down List (or in Newtworks?).

  Also I would like to be able to have this time card generate a total time
for the day, with a correction option for start and end times (it takes
about 3 - 5 minutes to get from the security desk to the work area), and a
deduction for lunch.

  I would also like a place for him to write his job description/summary in,
and to place my signature on this document.

  At the end of the day I will Fax this to his employer. Eliminates a lot of
my work and dishonesty.

Here is a rough form of the "note":
Note Title: "Subcontractor Company Name" Time Sheet (pick list from Names
App?)

Note Body:

  The following is a Time Card for "Name" (pick list from Names App) which
has been subcontracted by "Company Name" (pick list from Names App) for work
at "Business Place" (pick list from Names App).

Start Time: __date/time stamp__________ (automatically filled in with
Signature entry below)
Sign in Signature:
| |
| |
| |
|___________________________________________________|

Start Time Modifications: ______ minutes (fill in the blank)
Description of Start Time Modification:
 _________________________ (drop down pick list including
    * Work Site access
    * Poutine Break
    * Beer Break
    * Edit List

Lunch Deduction: ______ minutes (fill in the blank)

End Time: __date/time stamp__________ (automatically filled in with
Signature entry below)
Sign Out Signature:
| |
| |
| |
|___________________________________________________|

End Time Modifications: ______ minutes (fill in the blank)
Description of End Time Modification:
 _________________________ (drop down pick list including
    * Work Site Access
    * Poutine Break
    * Beer Break
    * Edit List

Description of Duties: (area for employee to fill in with ink text non
recognized, expandable area?)
| |
| |
| |
|___________________________________________________|

Contractor Notes: (area for me to fill, expandable area?)
| |
| |
| |
|___________________________________________________|

  Thank you for supplying (filled in from "Name" above) to help me with my
extra work load. The computed billable hours for the time he spent on my
project are (computation description below) rounded off to the nearest ____
minutes.

Glen Givens
(Signature from Owner Info?)
__date/time stamp____ (automatically filled in with a tap in area?)

"Company Name" (filled in from "Company Name" above)
Address (automatically filled in from "Names App")
Phone (automatically filled in from "Names App")
Fax (automatically filled in from "Names App")

Time Computation:
[(End Time - End Time Modifications) - (Start Time - Start Time
Modifications) - Lunch Deduction] Rounded of to the nearest ____ minutes.

The boxes do not have to be visible, just need a spot to enter the info.
This doesn't have to be real fancy. If it would make it a whole lot easier,
just getting his signature with a date/time stamp would be the biggest item.
I can do math, but this would lower the coolness factor on the Newton image.

--
Glen Givens
Newton Addict