[NTLK] [ANN] NewtMEDIA is up and running!

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 06:03:08 PST

> From: Luiz Petroni <lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br>
> Subject: [NTLK] [ANN] NewtMEDIA is up and running!
> Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 01:54:23 -0200
>
> Hi gang,
>
> After a week fighting with HTML&CSS I was able to upload v1.0 of
> NewtMEDIA web site!
>
> Please point your favorite browser to:
> http://www.compassoarte.com.br/newtmedia/index.html

Congratulations! I hope that your (and our) dreams come true! ;=}

> 2. NEWTON ITEMS
> ---------------
> I have two projects ready to go but we would like to hear from you:
>
> NEWTON DESK STAND
> acrilic or wood - handcrafted - foldable - with neoprene case
>
> NEWTON CASE/BAG
> leather or neoprene/nylon - handcrafted - internal & external pockets
> to be decided later
>
> What we do next?

Luiz, judging from the poll on the NTLK-homepage and recent
discussions, I think neoprene cases would be most desired.

Personally, I'd love a bodyglove-remake as basic case, but could also
see that a case with a transparent sheet and external pen pocket (like
the US Army cammo bag also discussed recently) would be veeeeery
interesting - it would be like a custom skin for the Newt that would
allow using it w/o removing it from the case.

What I would love be would be a waterproof,, immersion-resistant case
that would allow me to take the Newton along kayaking and on the top
deck of my folding boat. Should be spacious enough to allow including a
GPS receiver in the case, but not so spacious that the stuff would
clutter around loosely in the bag.

I think such cases could meet quite a demand and consider them basic
and elementary accessoires. Stand would be nice-to-haves, but don't
really extend the mileage of the Newton such as these cases might, they
would enable Newtie to go where it never went before.

Just my two cent.

DJV.