[NTLK] New Newton e-book just finished! (Mayan Math and Scientific Achievements)

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 10:20:30 PST

Hello Everybody:
In the past, I have "created" dozens of Newton e-books by converting
copyright-free text files via Newton Press. Today, I am releasing my first
self-authored e-book, Mathematical and Scientific Achievements of the Mayan
Civilization. This modest volume is based on a research paper that I wrote for a grad
level History of Mathematics course way back in 1994. It contains lots of useful
information and little-known facts about the Maya and their technological
capabilities. A number of unique illustrations are included, as is a complete
bibliography, for those wishing to conduct further research on the Maya. This book
is not intended only for math geeks -- anybody who can freely use both sides
of their brain will enjoy it. :O)

Anybody wishing to get a copy of this e-book should send an e-mail note to
me. In the request note, please mention your name, what you do professionally,
what Newton models you use or prefer, how you use your Newton at business,
home, or school, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, tell me either what sort of Newton
development plans you are currently working on, or what you plan to do in the future
to help further the knowledge base of the Newton Worldwide Community. When I've
received e-mail notes from a set number of people, say, one dozen, I will
freely release this e-book to UNNA.

I'm conducting a bit of an experiment, to see if I can help reduce passivity
among some quarters of the membership. All information will remain
confidential. Thank you for humoring me.

Regards,

Matt K.