Re: [NTLK] Not quite a Newton

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 06:13:54 PST

Me wrote:

> >>http://www.macmod.com/content/view/166/2/
>
> >The old problem is still there though: OSX has a desktop GUI, not a
> >pen-based one.

Just asking kindly, could you please post *below* the text you quote?

Well, "those pen tablets" is not very precise, are you talking about
some kind of MS-TabletPC? Or do you mean the WaCom Cintiq? Of course
a GUI can be operated with a pen, everything you equip with a
touchscreen can. The problem is whether the GUI is *meant* to be
operated with a pen, or whether that turns out to be an inefficient
and therefore frustrating task. Think about having to operate your
Newton with a mouse instead of the pen (ignoring handwriting).

Oliver :)

--
We are united by the belief that life is too short to waste time and
energy dealing with Microsoft products. Think freedom.