Re: [NTLK] Survey/Poll for the Newton People...

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 23:01:47 PST

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 08:21:37PM -0800, Mark Jozaitis wrote:
> Hello All,
> Just wondering on some things here... Maybe you could
> all let me know what applies to you...
>
> ? What Computer Do you Use you Newton(s) with?
> - IE Mac or PC

Computer *WITH* a newton? Mine rides alone...

I'll occasionally slap together a book or two with whichever machines
are handy. There are three Windows machines, two MacOS machines, and one
OpenBSD machine running in the house, and another MacOS and a Linux box
currently offline. OpenBSD is the one I use the most day to day though.

> ? What OS are you Using?
> - IE Windows, Unix, AU/X, Mac OS, Mac OS X, Apple II,
> Basic, Fortran 77, etc...

See above. We'll omit the idea that BASIC and Fortran are operating
systems.

> ? How old are you
> - IE You don't have to answer this one if your
> old:)...

mid-30's.

> ? What Newton Are you useing
> - 100, Proto, 130, 2100, 2000u, eMate, etc.

2100.

> ? Are you looking for more for your Newton
> * If yes what?

Not really, I'm pretty happy with it. I'd love to see an ssh client but
I realize that's probably not going to happen.

> ? What do you mainly use your Newton for?
> * and why?

PIM and electronic books mostly, some games just because they're handy.

> ? What country do you live in?

US.

--
The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.  -Justice Louis D. Brandeis