Re: [NTLK] Card Eject Repair

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 14:39:41 PST

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:20:18 -0500 (EST), Jeffrey McMurtrie
<jeffrey.mcmurtrie_at_rogers.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to swap out a good card eject
> button for a bad one? I remembered there being a way
> to do that, but I can't seem to find it online.

Depends on how you are going to fix it. Are you going to replace the
button or the armature with the button or the entire bracket?

Generally you take the Newton apart via Frank's instructions. When you
remve the motherboard you will need to remove the PCMCIA assembly
(the removeable parts) at that time you decide what portion to
replace... If you are looking for a simple repair you need the entire
braket to replace. If it's the armature and button then more
disassembly will be required...

IF you desire to change the button then look in the archives for my
explaination on how to remove the button. It took me sometime to
figure it out and I would suggest youi do the simple exchange in
brakets...

HTH

--
God bless,