Re: [NTLK] Apple QuickTake 200 Reference

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 14:11:22 PST

YUCK! for a 640X480 camera, it sure looks bad!
Highlights are blown out and it suffers serious JPEG
artifacts. It reminds me of my first digital camera,
the Ricoh RDC-2e
(http://www.steves-digicams.com/ricoh.html)
But worse!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Blake Patterson <blakespot_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> These pics were taken with my QuickTake 200:
>
> Outdoor, daylight:
> http://homepage.mac.com/blakespot/PhotoAlbum.html
>
> Indoor, moderate-bright light (no flash):
> http://www.blakespot.com/nino/html/pdas.html
> ( all pics linked from thumbnails )
>
> QuickTime VR, moderate light:
> http://www.blakespot.com/list/machines.mov
>

> It's a nice little camera with good color richness.
> It's relatively long exposure time gives great
> results
> in low light but you really need a steady hand not
> blur. It now sits in a pouch on the shelf since I
> picked up a Canon PowerShot S30 3mp camera 3 years
> ago.
>

> bp

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial