Re: [NTLK] question about customizing

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 08:34:32 PST

Adriano,

You are a Newtonian after my own heart or Tinkering....
If you have photos for personal review I'd love to see them and maybe
it will help me out in my design phase of what we can do to create a
NICE Plexiglas case for the MP2x00.

The following is a CLIP of what I sent to Peter Wong who is working on
completing a CAD of the Flip Cover for possible price quotes.

My ideas are though looking to a replacement case and possibly
shrinking the size also. If anyone has further suggestion with
technical knowledge please suggest away. I'd like to keep the
suggestions to within the possible realm though pushing the envelope
is an option...

<CLIP>
I would say the Clear Plexiglas Case is the best direction to take.
(A FEW IDEAS to consider)
If only we could minimize the items needed from the original MP2x00 to
just the bare essentials like the motherboard, screen & speaker. This
in my opinion would need the integration of the Internal Sub-Frame
(minus the battery compartment lip). We could just drill out silos for
the batteries and custom build the required setup for a rechargeable
NiMH use and also add a switch for use of regular alkaline...

If I were to dream a bit further I would say that we replace the
batteries with a flat NiMH battery of equal voltage and make the case
even smaller. I thing this would actually sell if it's affordable...
<CLIP>

Now with your pictures I may attempt to do this on my own...I will see
if I can get any advice/assistance from the Physics Workshop here at
work.

Your work is encouraging and I hope that your project works out well!

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung