Re: [NTLK] [OT] Bull Run, D.C. memories...

From: Dale A. Raby (daleraby_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 05:15:19 PST

Well.... I haven't been out East since the end of the Persian Gulf War
when I landed in New Jersey after serving as supercargo aboard the SS
Louise Lykes escorting all my unit's vehicles across the ocean. I had
little time for sight-seeing in my few days there before heading off to
Fort Bragg... and spent what little time I did have in retrospection of
what I had seen and done. I called it just about to the year when we
would be back... but physical difficulties prevented my participation.
All in all, I don't care to go back there (either place) any time soon.
While I find all librarians (and libraries) "cool", I also get along
quite well with "oat farming hicks", and if not for my hay fever, I
might well be one of them. There's nothing wrong with the Midwest or
being a Midwesterner... even an "oat farming hick".

--
"Nothing is ever so bad that it couldn't be worse, and if it could be
worse than it is... maybe its not so bad!"  Dale A. Raby