Re: [NTLK] Harris Craft Digital Assistant Supertech Newton 2000s on eBay

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 14:33:49 PST

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:13:38 +0000, Russ Bravo <russbravo_at_lineone.net> wrote:
> Check out these fellas, now turning up on eBay.com ...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=5736683706&fromMakeTrack=true

Russ,

Thank you so much for sharing your info about these units on eBay.
Got my hands on a few and hope to get at least one working.

Frank has put in a Good Word for you in case I decide to let one go.
So your Numero UNO on the list, of course behind Frank!

Just a little info on these units - they seem to have arrived without
a battery. If anyone else on list got one can you inform me if you got
a battery or not!

Another note: I am on the hunt for Tech Data for these units. I have
already tracked down a contact who is going to search his files for
anything he can find about them. It seems that from what he knows most
of the Tech Data may have gone south to the garbage bin already...
arghh!!! seems the division handling this was sold in May this year
and when I called my contact said he was sorry after a short look
around and asking other techs in the department. I maybe able to get
other info but I have my fingers crossed and hoping to be fortunate to
get good news tomorrow.

If I have any good news I will post it here.
Likely I will submit a photo on my unit to Newton's Around the World.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung