Re: [NTLK] Zapped Flash Card...HELP!

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 05:20:41 PST

Never reset the Newton while a card is in a slot. The manual does warn you
about this.

Most likely the card has corrupt formatting on it.

It is also likely that because of this the size was not reported or
calculated correctly by your PB3400.

The CIS may have been damaged due to the reset and the card is wrongly
reporting its' size.

If there is nothing on the card that you would mind losing then I would try
formatting it in the PB then in the Newton.

Although people tend to think about the limited life of these flash cards,
in reality, you don't see this very often. Usually it is just a matter of
corrupt formatting. Some problems can't be fixed without resorting to a
lower level programming of the card than can be achieved with regular tools.

I have a card reader that will allow me to do just that.

It is much safer to backup my cards byte by byte than rely on the flaky NCU
backup.

PCBman