[NTLK] Newbie

From: fu (fu_at_newted.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 16:30:24 PST

> HI all,
> I'm new to the list so I just thought I would drop in and say hello.

Hello Lee + Welcome to NewtonTalk

> I don't own a Newton as of yet, but I've been looking to buy one (a
> 2100) for the past few months. Just can't decided where to get one
> thats in good shape.
>
> Could someone clue me in on some important issues to me...
> Such as where to get one in good shape?

http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/

bought my 2100 from j&k, and a lot other members of the list have been
doing business with them as well, wonderful guys + excellent service

> What kind of OS X support the Newton platform has these days (I know
> none from Apple - I mean more like 3rd parties software for syncing
and
> such).
> Examples of what a Newton can do besides just simple drawing,
contacts,
> and calendars?

get ready to be amazed, some legendary Newton developers are still
active + on this list:

http://www.kallisys.com/newton/?lg=en

http://40hz.org/

http://newtsync.com/