Re: [NTLK] Newbie

From: Børre Ludvigsen (borrel_at_uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 20:11:38 PST

Here is someone who ressurects his Newton every 2 or 3 years (had it
since the 2100 came out) for special projects. Now I want to try to have
it do the chores that fall between my Palm and Nokia 3310, because a
PowerBook is too heavy to carry all the time.

My Newton works fine with both Ethernet and 802.11, but the lack of SSH
is beginning to become a real problem as my main contact for work on
the net is usually through a shell. Web browsing isn't that important as
long as I have lynx on a machine somewhere. The real problem is getting
on to that machine. I just don't have the heart to leave a machine on
line somewhere with open telnet access.

Does anyone know of any work being done that will bring us SSH on the
Newton?

- Barre

    B=F8rre Ludvigsen - http://www.hiof.no/~borrel/ - +47 908 24 608
                      N42.10135 W087.35241