Re: [NTLK] Newbie

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 18:40:06 PST

Hi Keith

The 120 has a serial port and the iBook does not. so the simplest
connection i know of is to get a Keyspan USB/serial adapter for the
ibook, install the OS X driver and use NewTen on the mac to install
packages. This will work whether you have Newton OS 1.3 or 2.0.
If you run Classic then then install the OS 9 driver for the Keyspan
adapter and use Newton Connection Kit (NCK) for 1.3 or Newton
Connection Utilities (NCU) for 2.0. These will allow backups as well
as package installation.

Look at the FAQ and Wiki links at the bottom of this email.

Woody