Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth phone and Calls integration?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 23:07:47 PST

On Dec 22, 2004, at 9:25 PM, Tyler Nichols wrote:

> Does anyone know of a phone / phone OS that can do this out of the box
> (forward call info over bluetooth when calls are made / taken)?
No.

> I read that the current version of Blunt receives data via the In/Out
> box - and one must activate a receiving mode to receive data - is
> there any possibility that something like the above "random initiated
> from the non-newton device" communications would be eventually
> supported (always discoverable?)? Would it be a huge drain on
> batteries to make this work through an always connected serial
> connection?
Probably would be a sizable power drain, but bluetooth is pretty
mellow with the juice...

> Does Calls support such external control, or would it have to be
> expanded to support this?
Don't know, but probably.

> Can the newton be powered up from sleep on bluetooth traffic? Or would
> the newton need to be awake at all times for it to register an
> incoming call from the phone?
Don't know

> I know these are a lot of questions - but this would be what I
> consider a "killer-app" for a bluetooth phone and blunt newton.
Actually I think you have it backwards. I would prefer to have the
Newton initiate the calls, this eliminates most of the issues you
bring up above (ie Newton waiting, Pushing data to Newton, etc.)

Marty