[NTLK] [ANN] New Temporary Newton eBook Library

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 04:34:49 PST

> Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:43:38 +0100
> From: DJ Vollkasko <DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net>
> Subject: [NTLK] [ANN] 8 new Newton eBooks: SciFi Edition
>
> New Newton eBook editions
>

> Okay, the first installment didn't seem to upload to UNNA at all.
> Well, I
> tried (a dozen times), any idea what's wrong? I got a new installment I
> gotta get off my hd...

Haven't heard anything that might help with UNNA. I have been offered
server space from several bookish Newtonians (three cheers for the
bookish tribe of Newtonia!), and I'm happy to announce that yesterday's
offering of 5 + 8 new Newton eBooks are NOW available from

http://newton.reidsrow.com/ebooks .

Bookmark that link, there's more to come... That place is just some
directories and no crafty webpage with bells and whistles, but it's
under my administration for the time being, so I can upload my books
there and try to maintain a sensible directory structure. Webspace
donated by M. Reidsma. -- Matthew, that's YOUR applause! ;=}

Victor, if you copy this - pls. let me know as soon as UNNA likes me
again, and I'll to a final attempt to put my stuff in the submission
queue. I'm very much in favor of keeping Newton stuff centralized (as
in: one single and unified repository for all and everything and
forever), but UNNA is giving me a headache everytime I upload
something. Maybe you could allow me to ftp to your box somewhere?

> 8 new books, all Newton formats covered, plus original text sources.
> All
> delicious SciFi incl. a bunch of newer works. I'd upload the whole fat
> 17
> MB ZIP-archive to somewhere, if anybody would publish that. Any takers?

Oh, and I have the stuff up there as single archives (instead of one
massive archive), each containing one title in all eight Newton formats
plus original text source (where available). Download, unpack (using
e.g. WinZIP or Stuffit Expander), install the format of your choice,
enjoy!

'Kasko.