Re: [NTLK] Best 3Com X-jack Ethernet Card?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 16:02:54 PST

On Feb 1, 2004, at 3:54 PM, Peter Cameron wrote:

> on 01/02/04 6:30 PM, Martin Joseph at martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com wrote:
>> I like xjack and have yet to see one break in 7 years
> You've been lucky. There's a little ribbon cable inside that gets
> flexed
> with each open and close ... eventually they snap.

I am lucky, but I also have never paid more then $25(us) for one of
these modems with xjack (28.8 or 33.6)...

So for me the fact that it's an all in one arrangement outweighs the
potential replacement. I only use it infrequently when I on the road
and need to dial in, so that probably contributes to the longevity of
my cards.

Normans replacement figures seem alarmingly high to me though...

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html