Re: [NTLK] FW: Re: Gem Enterprises selling info from my site ***This is my first post ever, please make this a group reply*** [LONG!]

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 02:21:12 PST

On 2-feb-04, at 10:53, Gary E. Meyer wrote:
> Key word in my response is "you", which is singular from "If you like,
> I will send
> you a copy for free as it has a lot of nice utilities". Respectfully,
> it is
> ridiculous to think I was offering 1900 or more free CD-ROMS and
> worldwide shipping
> to anyone who asked. The CD-ROM was never even an issue except to
> individuals
> speculating on the talk list, and you are the only one to even ask for
> a CD-ROM, so
> perhaps it is just a language barrier. Easy to do, I know my German
> is not the best
> and is quite rusty indeed and conversing with a person from the
> Netherlands would be
> difficult at this stage of my life. Yes, I am a man of my word albeit
> I did not
> promise my Newton software collection free to anyone in the world
> except Frank. If
> you want just a CD-ROM, you are more than welcome to purchase one on
> Ebay or off our
> website. Additionally, I can enclose one for free with any Newton or
> related
> purchase but be advised we are going to be liquidating our entire
> Newton inventory
> most likely this year, and as soon as this month.

Dear Gary,

I guess the only thing to say is that maybe you should be more careful
how you phrase things in the future before you post them to a list.
I agree that it's probably ridiculous to think I was offering 1900 or
more free CD-ROMS and worldwide shipping to anyone who asked, but
language is a dangerous thing...

Apart from that, if I address a letter to a lot of people I take card
what I'm promising and in the Netherlands people speak Dutch, though in
general they're not too bad in German, English and french as well.

For me this thread is closed, seems pointless to go on.

regards,

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html