Re: [NTLK] Abandonware: What ever became of military packages? [was Re: Beaming 10]

From: Mark Bock (markbvt_at_adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 08:17:21 PST

>Well of course it wouldn't work. Do you think the military would use
>a civilian
>frequency for any of that stuff - all of which is almost certainly encrypted
>traffic?
>
>Mind you, with Viewframe you could hack around the script and modify the commo
>data... and voila, perfect! A new weapon for any terrorist with a mortar!
>
>People, newts are hopefully not about killing people. Please exercise some
>common sense. Put the weapon down.

I think you misunderstood. I meant that the software didn't work in
the sense that it showed nothing but repeated error screens -- not
that it didn't work in the sense that I could enter data about
something I wanted to blow up but the expected explosion never
happened. :)

Relax. No one who's interested in checking out this software actually
wants to use it to call in an artillery strike. It's just interesting
to see what the military was working on and has since abandoned
(although you can pretty much bet that a similar system is part of
the current Land Warrior program).

--mark

--
. . . . .