Re: [NTLK] newbie questions (off list?)

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 09:00:37 PST

Is it not time for at status on sync'ing capabilities? Divided into
true sync'ing and 'transfer Newt information to desctop' or 'transfer
desktop information to Newt'?

I would be really interested in what people have got working, so I
can figure out how to manage things so it will work for me....

1.: I have succesfully transfered Names (including notes) to a virgin
clean address book with nSync (nSync own plugin). I have not tried
true sync'ing.

2. I have sucessfully transferred all my newts notes to a virgin
MacJournal file (0.4.3 Glass onion plugin). I have tried true
sync'ing with said macjournal (ver 2.1.1) to which I had addded two
notes containing parentheses - did not transfer correctly to Newton.

3. I have, with spectacular failure, tried to transfer dates from the
Newt to a virgin iCal calendar with nSyncs own Datesplugin. This does
not work - and it is not just the 1 hr wrong appointment, I have
thousands (oh, all right, hundreths, then) of meetings that filter
into the first of the month (All firsts of the months) dating back to
1997; also if I set to sync only a few days back. It.... is......
a.... total.... mess.

Have any of you transferred dates from Newton to iCal satisfactorily?
What kinds of appointments do you tend to have (repeats, single,
birthdays, several day events)?

and if they were transferred, do you then have satisfactory syncing -
ie you add a desptop appointment and a different appointment to the
Newt, you sync - et voila! they show up both places??

Any Dates sucess-stories at all?
Berthe

--
Berthe