Re: [NTLK] The benefits of NUG meetings

From: Russ Bravo (russbravo_at_lineone.net)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 09:33:21 PST

Well, I guess I'm going on gut instinct here, Anil - having read on numerous
occasions about the fun time had by all when NUGs get together, and just
thinking that as the last official UK one was a couple of years ago - and I
missed it - it might be worth considering again.

It's a bit of fun to learn new things, and for some of us less technically
minded Newt users actually SEEING someone do something with their Newt,
whether it's installing the SER-001, doing something cool with software or
just being talked through some of the intricacies of internet/wireless
set-up, it could be useful.

There's also the opportunity to trade items in person, put a few names to
faces and generally baffle the local populace in whatever hostelry is
chosen, by showing off the joys of a dead platform (ha!).

Anyway, I've got plenty of things to occupy my time so if there's no great
desire amongst Brit Newt owners to get together, Newtontalk will do fine for
me. :)

Russ

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html