Re: [NTLK] URL's registered and plans for such

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 10:02:34 PST

on 04/02/04 10:17 AM, rminton_at_commscope.com at rminton_at_commscope.com wrote:
> I've just registered the domains "newtonlegacy.com" and
> "newtonlegacy.org". My hope is to make contact with as many sources of
> abandoned/discontinued Newton software as possible and arrange with the
> owners to act as a distributor.
    Why don't we try to persuade them to donate the source code to UNNA
instead? If they've abandoned the software it's probably because they aren't
getting any return on it. And, quite honestly, the few cents they'd get
through distribution now would barely be worth the paper it's printed on.
    However, there's a lot of software out there that's almost perfect
except for little problems here and there. If the source were available
those problems could be fixed and people might actually enjoy using the
software.

Just a thought,
Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html