Re: [NTLK] URL's registered and plans for such

From: rminton_at_commscope.com
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 11:48:59 PST

I think we've tried that before several times. Sometimes the issue is
that some of the code is still used in other applications or was licensed
to them (wouldn't be leagal for them to distribute it) and sometimes it's
other unknown reasons. With this approach at least the software may still
be available.
I agree there would not be much money in it for a lot of the owners but it
would make the software available, relieve them of the work of
selling/supporting it, allow them to retain the rights/ownership and help
support those rights to it by keeping it in current distribution.

It would be nice to have the full version of such things as Teletype GPS
for instance. Since this is still published for other platforms they
would not release the source code but if they didn't have to involve
themselves in support and sales it might be possible to get the Newton
version released again.

Randy

Peter Cameron <pdwc_at_sympatico.ca>
Sent by: newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net
02/04/2004 01:02 PM
Please respond to newtontalk