Re: [NTLK] Escale -28009 errors

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 22:03:51 PST

I feel I must chime in - while eScale has not been a perfectly stable
system, it HAS worked, I find that if an error occurs with escale -
upon relaunching it claims that no connection methods are available - I
wait 5 minutes, relaunch eScale if necessary, and the tcp/ip listener
comes back to life.

Wireless transfers via college lan and a wireless acces point work 85%
of the time for me. The other 15% cause the condition above.

It works - you just gotta be patient with it.
On Feb 4, 2004, at 10:11 PM, Alan Toops wrote:

> David,
>
> While I certainly cannot speak for Paul, I can state that I have used
> Escale
> 1.0 (v1.0.1 (20030503) with panther, via wireless with no problems
> installing packages. I use rendezvous exclusively with the serial and
> appletalk options turned off in the preference panel.
>
> The only problems I encounter are when I get clumsy and interrupt the
> install process. Then I do re-set Escale and am up and working again.
>
> Hange in there, cause it can work very well indeed.
>
> alan
>
> --
> inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html