[NTLK] eMate IRDA question

From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 09:10:02 PST

Ok, so the eMate 300 uses O.S. 2.1
Does that means it could be outfitted the IRDA driver updates so it could use
the more modern IRDA protocol (I think it is ASK)?
Namely I have some friends with PalmPilots. I would like to be able to beam
books back and forth. Does the palm have a newtonbook emulator? I understand
that NewtScape can read palm books...

Does anyone have IRDA experience and/or Palmbook/Newtonbook transfer experience
they would be willing to share? (If I can return the favor somehow just ask!)

Thanks in advance!