Re: [NTLK] TV Guide and/or Remote Control

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko_at_sasktel.net)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 10:03:05 PST

The tv schedule program was couchfire as Victor pointed out. It was a
great program and I used it for a few years until it stopped. Got an
email from Tempest once a week with the schedule for the next week,
they averaged somewhere around 1meg a week. I used it for my c-band
dish as I could get the channels that I was subscribed to and if I
added or deleted a channel you just sent a form to them with the
changes. If I recall right it was $39 a year but it saved me having to
go out and find a schedule (paper). I still have my dish and if I could
get this program again or one similar to it I would subscribe in a
heart beat..... If you want a bit more info you can go to the original
site (it's still there).... www.tempestprod.com/couchfire.html

The remote control program Showmate is still available at
www.sarofax.com. It has been released as charityware, so you make a min
$25 donation to a charity and send them a copy of the receipt and they
will send you a code to unlock it. I have a couple of Sarofax's
programs and still use Blueprint 2 all the time for scheduling.

Larry Zasitko
OMP, 110, 120, 2100, Emate
iMac iBook and various Amiga's and PC's

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html