Re: [NTLK] Newtourage Problems

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 15:18:27 PST

On 2/9/04 2:38 AM, "Jon Glass" <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:

> on 2/7/04 11:56 PM, Dave Bellamy at dave_bellamy_at_mac.com wrote:
>
>> Just downloaded Newtourage to try it as an alternative to nSync.
>> Unfortunately I have hit a little snag right from the start. Once I try and
>> connect to the Newt, the application comes up with an error message: "MSE
>> Engine failure". Has anyone else encountered such a problem or am I doing
>> something really dumb.
>>
>> I am connecting through a Keyspan serial adapter by the way if that helps.
>
> Which version of Entourage are you using? The only time I had this problem
> was when I tried using it with Entourage SE in OS 9. It doesn't work with
> that version of Entourage.
>
> Also, check to be sure that another app opens when you start the sync.
> Something else should open, I believe. If it's not, then somehow something's
> not working!
Hi All

Just to update you on my Newtourage problems. I got a very helpful response
from John at DelCann, and it turns out that the issue was that my copy of MS
Office X need updating. I was actually 3 updates behind the curve, and once
I had updated everything to Office 10.1.5 it all worked. Also thanks to the
List members who gave my suggestions about how to solve the problem.

Thought this might be useful information for other people looking to use
Entourage with their Newts.

Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html