Re: [NTLK] Are these WLAN cards suitable for the 2x00?

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 04:34:42 PST

Hi Frank,

 From my research a GOLD card would be better, but you can also convert
a Silver card to a GOLD version. Only real difference is the WEP bit
length, so if you are concerned about security then a Gold maybe easier
and more secure to start with. But essentially all the cards you have
listed below are the same, except for the Gold Silver variants.

Info on how to upgrade cards is available here.
http://www.paris-sansfil.fr/index.php/UpgradeSilverToGoldMacEn

The silver card works fine with Airport and WEP inside my G4 tower, but
i coudn't get it to work with my MP 2100 but to be honest i didn't try
very hard. But I know it will work very easily if you turn WEP off (not
something I would recommend), I hope this is of help.

Kindest regards

Anil K Solanki
United Kingdom, MP 2100, MP 130

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html