Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko_at_sasktel.net)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 10:10:31 PST

I agree that the g4 powerbooks are great and getting one is on my list
of things to get this year, but that depends on work etc (I am self
employed House/Commercial building designer - so if you are thinking of
building.... :-) So far this year has started off good with two
projects in the last couple of weeks, one in Sacramento and one in
Columbus MS along with some other stuff. I have some other things that
I have to do but a visit to the Apple store is coming soon. Again
depending on money will be a g5 desktop and then I can get rid of all
the PC's I have :-) I agree that the 800x600 resolution is too limiting
for some things, Will keep my Clamshell though and use it as a music
player etc and use it for email. I have 10.2.8 on mine now and Panther
is coming. So far I have been doing all my email on it with the mail
program that came with Jaguar and really like the spam filtering that
is built in.....

> The 800 by 600 resolution was the deal breaker for me. I had the
> graphite
> special edition model, max amount of ram. Installed X, but with the HD
> being
> so small and in need of an upgrade, the small resolution, and the
> problem
> with the power plug breaking (Like the old wall street models) the
> first g4
> powerbook I tried showed me the light. :)

Larry Zasitko
Newton OMP, 110, 120, 2100, eMate
iMac, iBook, various Amiga's and PC's

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html