[NTLK] Favorite Form Factor

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 07:24:01 PST

I just received a new in the box OMP, video still in plastic. While I am a nut about my 2100, this OMP has a great form factor. I think it needs some refinement as in the stylus holder should he internatized as on later models. The higher power Switch on the 2X00 series also makes more sense. The 2X00 series are so much more powerful its not really even comparable to even a 130 let alone an OMP in many respects. With only my 2100 and my iPod I can handle general computing tasks (OK so the iPod is more for fun). Even a 130 is far less able in this area since does not have a basic office suite available.

Looking at the Newton now its fun to think of a More developed product line that might include a very small message pad with only basic features (e-mail, note taking, wireless, date/address book, USB), a larger message pad more like the 2X00 series, more advanced features in addition to the basic model (firewire, internal modem/ethernet option, PC card slot word processing, spreadsheets, database, multimedia output). N an 4 might also suggest a third device to round out the line; a sort of notebook or tablet. I generally argue against this in my mind because of how worthless and awkward tablets have been and the lack of market definition tha would come from a PDA notebook. But its still fun to dream right?

--
As Always,
David