Re: [NTLK] Reformating Newton Books

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 09:11:04 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: David Ensteness
To: NewtonTalk <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 10:30 AM
Subject: [NTLK] Reformating Newton Books

>So I have some Newton Books and of the bunch I have like maybe one supports
more than a single resolution. While that works great on my 120 its not as
cool on my 2100.

>Anything to be done about this?

Not really as Newton Books are "finished" packages and can't be altered.
You would have to get the original "source" file (weather it be Press or
Bookmaker) and make a different version with that. Press is easy to change
formats, Bookmaker needs to be patched or hacked to create more than the
standard 1x0 (classic) screen size. Not that difficult but you have to dig
around in the Bookmaker output file and change a few settings before
compiling it into a package with NewtonToolKit.

I would suggest getting a copy of Press (it is easier than Bookmaker) from
UNNA and finding the original sources of the books online and creating your
own book (if it is one of the many freely available books around). As it is
rare the original source files are uploaded. Or you can try asking on the
list and see if the original uploader is around and willing to create more
formats for you. I have uploaded a few books to UNNA and if you want more
formats, I will upload them.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html