[NTLK] Programming Question (protoLabelInputLine)

From: Daedalus (daedalus_at_digitalinkwell.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 22:06:54 PST

I'm hoping someone here might have a simple answer to this.

So, I'm making this app, and I've run into a wierd situation with a
protoLabelInputLine. Instead of allowing text to be written on it, when
a user tries to write on it the input line is dragged around the screen
instead.

The input line is in a linked subview (for preferences), and I want the
user to be able to enter their name on the line. The subview is linked
properly, and a bunch of checkboxes and radiobuttons in the subview work
appropriately (and none are dragable). No matter how the flags are set
in the protoLabelInputLine or in the subview's base, the result is always
the same--no text or pen input, just dragging.

Wierd thing is I have no dragging enabled anywhere in the subview!

The baseView of the entire application is draggable (so you can alter its
position on the screen). But I can't imagine why that should cause problems.

I even made up a quick test application with a linked subview to see if a
protoLabelInputLine worked there. It worked fine.

Has anybody ever encountered anything like this before? Any suggestions
are appreciated.

Daedalus
http://www.digitalinkwell.net/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html