Re: [NTLK] Messagepad 130 internet

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 22:31:49 PST

on 2/11/04 3:17 PM, Graham, David at dkg_at_enact-online.co.uk wrote:

> I'm new to the list, and considering buying my first Newton - however it's a
> toss-up between the 130 and the 2100. Price favours the 130 (J&K Sales have
> one for $50), but I would like to know if it's possible to browse the net on
> it. Mainly pickup/send emails. I have a couple of spare PCMCIA modems, but
> amnot sure of their power requirements - I see from various sources that the
> 130 supports 325mV cards. Are these common?

Let me add my voice to the 2100 list. :-) The difference between the two is
like moving from a Macintosh SE to a G3... OK, so maybe not quite that big,
but it is big, and the capability you get from the 2100 is just so vastly
greater... For the small difference in price, you get more than your money's
worth. Remember, the 130 brand new cost about $600, but the 2100 brand new
cost about $999, which, IMO, ought to say something. :-) Really, get the
2100. You won't regret it.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland