[NTLK] Anyone familiar with DMOZ.org?

From: Jack Burks (dumbstart_at_satx.rr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 00:22:14 PST

Calling for submissions,

Has anyone here ever used dmoz.org, The Open Directory Project? While
trying to drum up support for my site, I ran across the dmoz.org website.
It's run by people who volunteer their services editing certain sections of
the directory; adding new sites, approving submitted sites, and general
maintenance for their appointed directory. I volunteered and was accepted
to edit their Newton directory, it seems to be someone volunteers once a
year and does it for a few weeks then moves on to something else. I'd like
to call on the Newton community to visit
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Systems/Handhelds/Newton/ and submit pages to the
directory. I'd love to see the Newton community grow like kudzu (another
large green thing that will take over again soon), and I'd like to think
that this directory will go a long ways to putting the Newton back in the
spotlight.

If anyone thinks they would enjoy it, go ahead and volunteer, it's a
straight-forward process, you write a few small reviews about some websites
that you would suggest and answer a few background questions, then they
contact you soon enough.

A Newton is a terrible thing to waste,

Jack Burks

www.dumbstart.com