Re: [NTLK] 208 Errors in Mail V

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 03:51:41 PST

> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:29 -0600
> From: "David Ensteness" <denstene_at_mac.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] 208 Errors in Mail V
>
> I've been trying to get Mail V receiving on my 2100. My e-mail account
> is with Mac.com And those 208 unknown errors just love me. I get one
> every time with only one repeat of six. Advise?

These large positive error numbers are actually the addresses of memory
objects that cause an exception. It's something the Newton OS reports
when it can't find anything more meaningful, and as a result the number
is pretty meaningless to anybody.

What would really help me is a log generated by the debug version of
Mail V. After installing MailVDebug, set the log up by going to Mail V
Prefs > Debug page; capture the usual suspects and all I/O and (unless
you use NTK) direct output to Notes. When Mail V disconnects, a session
log is created in Unfiled Notes. (You'll need to edit it though - if
your IMAP server doesn't support encrypted login your password will be
shown in the login sequence!) You can reinstall the non-debug MailV
afterwards.

I've been using Mail V for my .Mac account for some time now with no
errors, so I'm keen to know what's going wrong in your case.

Simon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html