Re: [NTLK] Ethernet to Airport BaseStation [Was: EScale Package Install Help]

From: mark (mark_at_imap-partners.net)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 07:27:22 PST

On 12 Feb 2004, at 13:25, mark wrote:

> I have the Newt connected directly (per 10/100BT wire) to the Airport
> BaseStation Extreme. I can initiate a TCP/IP dock connection. This
> proceeds as expected and I get an IP address issued to the Newt
> (10.0.1.3). Promising so far. Trouble is, I then get a "Choose a
> Server" dialog, but no servers appear. If I close this dialog, I get
> disconnected.

Another update on this. If I make the connection from NewtsCape (either
per LAN or per WAN) everything works fine (both to/from the LAN and
to/from the Internet). If I try to dock, I get connected (works with
ethernet and WLAN), get issued an IPA, but there it stops: choose a
server with nothing to choose from. Interesting, but at least the
package installation (both LAN and Internet is working via NewtsCape).

mark.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html