Re: [NTLK] SimpleMail progress

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 20:06:06 PST

On Feb 12, 2004, at 19:47, Keyes Kurt wrote:

> I am now able to send emails to my houston.rr.com email address, and my
> Powerbook is receiving them, but the Newton is not.
> <snip>
> Anybody where to point me to be able to receive emails with the newton?

I had to use the 'Mail Assistant' to diagnose duplicate set-ups.
Cleared those out and it worked. I also tried 'johncharlton_at_mac.com'
and just 'johncharlton' as the user (never sure how .mac wants it).
Keep trying!

> And every time I send something from the Newton, I get the error
> message
>
> "Server error "ERR Missing argument"
>
> which is weird because the emails are sending.

Didn't have that problem, is it a Mail message?

> And what about sending/receiving emails on the road with this thing,
> which is what I really want to do.

You probably want to equip yourself with a modem card, and/or wireless
card, and/or ethernet card depending on which you think you'll be most
likely to need. More adventurous souls have connected to cellular
phones, but I'm not there yet, still working on wireless.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html