Re: [NTLK] 3Com ethernet cards

From: John Osborne (tooz_at_oceanatlas.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 21:41:47 PST

This getting connected thing IS very annoying. I have a backup MP2100 I
bought on the list for parts and experimentation. Tis is what I did
since I couldn't make my main mp2100 do anything:

1) Brainwipe (a.k.a. a hard reset) of backup MP2100
2) Installed NIE 2.0 as described in FAQ
3) Installed the drivers for Farallon PN895 and patches to support 3Com
3c589 cards
4) plugged in card and voila, nothing--no link light-- no indication of
a successful hardware link
5) Made new internet setups based upon both DHCP and manual
settings--still no link. Card name did show up in the card popup so it
seems like the software installed correctly.
6) Set AppleTalk preference to EtherTalk and again selected 3c589 in
the card popup--couldn't see my AppleTalk printer.

I beginning to think that connected a Newton to an ehernet is an urban
legend.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html