[NTLK] NewtsCape issues

From: Keyes Kurt (kkeyes_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 09:12:58 PST

Hello all,

So I am still pretty new to the Newton, but I have gotten my wi-fi card
up and running, surfing off my home Airport network with my Newton
2000/2100 using Newtcape.

However, I am unimpressed at the way this browser displays pages. Is
there some trick or advice to make web pages more readable? Newscape
draws no images (every image is a square with a ? mark in it). Pages
look funny. I tried the slim version of MacNN and it even looks bad.
I have tried landscape and portrait view on the Newton and the same
results.

Maybe there are some good sites out there that look OK on the Newton
screen with Newtcape? Maybe a site that is all text for protable
devices? I remember when I had a Treo 300 it had some pages already
bookmarked for handheld devices.

Does anybody know of some good news, weather, sports, etc, sites that
look fine with a Newton with Newtscape?

Thanks,

Kurt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html