Re: [NTLK] newtonpress for OSX????

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 01:48:01 PST

On 14-feb-04, at 16:11, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> There is probably some extension that won't install when run under
> Classic
> but that (or those) extension(s) could probably be installed manually.
> Still, I don't understand why it wouldn't install. Did you get any
> error
> during the installation, Robert?

When I installed under Classic it just didn't work at all.
The installer asked if was o.k. to quit all apps, I clicked Continue
and from there on things went funny.
No errors, but it just hung forever with a completely empty screen.
Next I just did Force Quits which ended in quitting everything
including relaunching the Finder.
Figuring that the script that quits all apps that the installer tried
to execute doesn't work that well with OS X apps. Which would be to be
expected, but hey, at least I tried ;-)

Next I rebooted in OS 9 and the installation went like it should, no
problems at all, I didn't even boot with extensions off...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html