Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]cd VS Vinyl was( OT Palm dropping support for mac)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 10:56:05 PST

On Feb 18, 2004, at 7:35 AM, Newtopia wrote:

> I love the Yamaha drives, especially the scsi variety, Plextor on the
> other
> hand, well I would never own one. I have had too many service calls on
> Plextor drives.
Funny, I have the exact opposite experience. I had a Yamaha 2100S (I
think) which was a nice SCSI burner that died completely in a short
time (5 months?) Yamaha refused to honor the warranty because it
WASN'T PURCHASED AT AN AUTHORIZED DEALER.

After 25 years mucking with computer hardware that is a first in my
book, and the last time I buy anything that says Yamaha on it.

I now have a Teac 40x IDE drive which is insanely fast, fully supported
in OSX (finder and itunes support) and support buffer under run
protection.

None of my various plextor drives have ever failed... They are pricier
then most though.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html