Re: [NTLK] [OT] updates?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 12:41:19 PST

On Feb 18, 2004, at 12:26 PM, Josh Ormsby wrote:

> GE
> There is some kind of Update that I keep getting warnings about, and
> it says
> in BOLD "backup your hard drive before installing this update".
Always a good idea on ANY platform.
> I just have
> no place to send all that junk on my drive while I install the patch,
> and I
> never have received a good description of what the problem is .?.?
Why are you posting this here? You certainly are not giving enough
information to get a useful response? For example: What kind of
computer? Which OS? What EXACTLY the message says.

Anyhow if you have no way to back up your data, that should be your
first project.

Sorry if this sounds a bit snippy, but as someone who fixes macs for a
living your message(lacking any useful info) is a little annoying.

Contact me off list if you need help.
Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html