Re: [NTLK] eMate hinge - Should I be worried?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 13:41:02 PST

It's a sad thing to have this thread going and to be reminded how
important it is in a very cruel fashion.
My parents-in-law are over and I reconditioned their batteries and
installed a washer while deeming I could grease the hinge later (didn't
have the grease handy at that moment) because there wasn't that much
friction.

Here comes the catch: one hour after doing all of this the spring broke
and punctured the cable.

So don't think your eMate will last because there isn't too much
friction and don't just apply the washer but apply grease as well!

Damn, it was an old eMate and the light was quite dim, but still...
:-(

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html