Re: [NTLK] Mail V

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 14:05:32 PST

In a previous message, Robert Serna typed vigorously:

>is anybody on this list using Mail V with a newted.dyndns.org account?
>When I launched mail assistant Mail V generates these 6 folders:
>japecan_at_newted.dyndns.org
> " .hteditindex.html
> " .index.html
> " Network Trash Folder
> " private
> " private/.htacess
>are these needed?

Actually, Mail V did not generate any of these files or folders. These
are the default files and folders created with your Newted account on the
Unix file system. It appears that Mail V does not automatically create
any IMAP mail folders for accounts without them. I have found that you
need to connect to your Newted account using another IMAP mail client
(such as Outlook, Eudora, Apple Mail, Entourage, or similar) and have
that session create the folders prior to connecting with Mail V.

Perhaps Simon could shed some light on this issue?

Grant

Grant Hutchinson } Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog } www.splorp.com
Newton } www.newted.org
Design } www.veer.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html