Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 15:20:32 PST

Jared Bland wrote:
> I understand stuck pixels are just a gamble (I have one stuck pixel),
> but ANY computer should have QC enough to stop white blotches on LCD
> screens from shipping with notebooks.

If you have stuck pixels, Apple should take care of that under warranty.
And you caould have purchased the AppleCare plan for your laptop. I know
hindsight is 20/20, but I normally don't buy a major item on the
bleeding edge of technology without a service plan. It costs a little
more up front, but if your equipment gets hosed you are covered. I had a
Sony camcorder and an Awai receiver that both went south before the
service plan was up and both were replaced with nary a problem. And I
bought a new service plan on each of the replacements, both Sony, and
knock on wood, they are still going strong.

Cheers,
NAte

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html