Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Jared Bland (jrbm689_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 18:15:16 PST

On Feb 23, 2004, at 9:07 PM, James Nichols wrote:

> Hmm - that sounds a bit high (vaguely recalls reading that the number
> was 7 - as reported in MacWorld MacSecrets volume 3 in the mid
> nineties) where did you pick that number up? I'm just curious as to
> whether it really has changed that much in so many years.
>
> On Feb 23, 2004, at 7:57 PM, Jared Bland wrote:
>>
>> Apple's is around 13 total dead/stuck or otherwise messed up pixels.

In the Mid-90s, LCD QC was higher (which is one reason they cost so
much more). As manufacturers let more and more "bad" pixels slip
through - costs decreased significantly. IIRC, it is 13 total before
they will exchange it. If this number is incorrect, the true number is
higher. Unless Apple suddenly changed their LCD numbers recently, I am
correct.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html