Re: [NTLK] [OT] Economics of piracy

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 22:38:10 PST

on 2/23/04 6:38 PM, Chris Edwards at wenchris_at_gotadsl.co.uk wrote:

> Maybe the 'new' generation sees the rip off that the music moguls enjoy
> and have ethical(ish) reasons for not joining the game?

I hate to jump in on this thread, but speaking honestly, when I hear the
above argument from people, I discover, upon further questioning, that their
deeper motive is just free stuff... Such arguments are just justifications
to cover for their conscience sake, or something... In other words, the
ethical argument just doesn't fly... It's the two wrongs not making a right
thing... Most people know this, but that doesn't stop them from trying...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland