Re: [NTLK] payola

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 10:48:55 PST

Right on Monk! I live here in San Antonio, home to the Clowdy Channel
mothership. Radio pretty much sucks here. I listen to the college
stations in my car, and the iTunes stations at work (props to Baby-Ace
radio). Corporate music is a terrible thing: the same 3 songs all day
long-that should be illegal.

-N

monk wrote:
-> not to pick a nit.... but one of the many nefarious methods by which
-> radio stations buy airplay is by purchasing advertising with the large
-> companies (like clear channel..) who, in addition to owning most of
-> the large (4000 seat plus) live performance venues in america, also
-> happen to own the majority of the large market pop radio stations.
-> isn't that convenient?
->
-> this is just one of the more obvious and public ways that this part of
-> the media is manipulated by money and mutual cooperation. and the
-> current US "government" is working hard to make it easier for fewer
-> companies to own more and more media outlets. sigh...
-> sorry for the rant....

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html